Religious Education for Children and Teens
Religious education is offered to SVF children through several formats, all of which help children grow in their knowledge and love of God and their Catholic faith. Our programs follow the approved curriculum of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Please contact the Faith Formation Office for registration and more details at 513-791-6321.
Parents may choose from the following:
1. New in October 2015! Early Childhood Religious Education (ECRE): A faith formation class for children who have reached the age of 3 by September and have not yet begun kindergarten. This class will meet from 10:55 AM until about noon, during the 11:00 AM Sunday mass.
2. Enrollment in our parish Catholic school, grades K-8.
3. Our Parish Religious Education Program (PREP), meets Sunday mornings, September through early May, 9:15-10:45 AM, in the school building; for children in grades K-8 who do not attend religion classes in a Catholic day school.
4. Summer Religious Education Program (SPREP), meets Monday through Friday for two weeks during the summer on the campus of our sister parish, All Saints: grades 1-7 (and 8 in some years), except in the year that First Eucharist or Confirmation is planned.
5. First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation preparation takes place partially in the PREP and school religion classrooms, and partially through additional formation activities throughout the sacramental year.
6. Special sacramental preparation is sometimes offered for children who are older than the typical Catholic First Communicant, and for school-aged children who wish to be baptized or to join the Catholic Church. (RCIA-C). Special preparation is situational and dependent on available staff.
7. Youth Ministry: The junior high (grades 7 & 8) and high school (9-12) groups meet both separately and together on Sunday evenings on the All Saints Parish campus. Another high school group meets for discussion on Monday evenings. See our youth ministry web-page.
PREP catechists, classroom assistants, and volunteers for special occasions are always needed. Adult volunteers must maintain up-to-date child protection certification (VIRTUS).
PREP REGISTRATION FORMS